Topic: ULTIMATE FANTASY TENNIS RANKINGS!!!!

Gentleman! After a lot of talk between me and Arnie (Arnaud, Adunar, the swiss guy) we've came up with our (Yoda Crew) own rankings.

It will use the same system of points as in the ATP. So, for brackets, we have the mandatory tournaments (all the slams + 1000's) and the best 5 results from the 250/500 category. As for teams, we did it different because the smaller tournaments influence directly in the big ones. So we add up all the scores for teams and divided by a specific coefficient so the teams and the brackets are in the same scale.

EDIT: Ok everybody, after some talk with some members of the Yoda Crew we've decided to change our rankings system. Now everybody can trow away their worst 10 results FOR EVERY FORMAT in TDC. The coefficient for teams also changed but brackets and teams are really really scaled. So this is the most fair way possible!

This is a separate thing from the year long competitions total points. This is just like the ATP rankings, so we can all try be #1 in the FREAKING WORLD!!!!!!

We will add GSFT soon, so it will be a complete ranking of all of our comps.

I ask for everybody to please check your scores as I had to manually input all scores of all comps of everybody. So it might have some mistakes.

Let me know what you all think about it wink and many many thanks to Arnie for helping out with this!!!

Here it is everybody:
ULTIMATE FANTASY TENNIS RANKINGS

2016 year end world #1: Adunar

Top 5:

Adunar
TennisElbow
Edu_Anackin
Tono
Arvis

Congratulations to Adunar who finishes 2016 as the UFTR #1 by a margin of 208 points from #2 Jamie. Arnie finished second in brackets, first in teams and second in GSFT (of those who played all formats), setting an absurd high level of fantasy tennis, really giving a chance for nobody to catch him. Arnie led the rankings for 13 weeks total with 8 of those being consecutively.

Jamie, who spand the big majority of the year in third place, rallied in the end of the season to snug (I don't know if that is the right word) it out the second place from Edu. He finished 80 points ahead of Edu and has spand all year in the top 5, finishing first, second and tenth in brackets, teams and GSFT respectively.

Edu led the rankings for 9 weeks (7 being consecutively) but after a terrible Yoda US Open his chances were gone. He couldn't recover from it and end up losing first place and consequently second place too. He finished third, third and fifth.

Tono has spent the whole year in the fourth spot of the rankings. Tony is so good that even when he thinks he has had a 'not so good season', he had a solid season. A top 5 player all year long he finished fourth, fifth and third.

Arvis, the quote unquote Daveed Ferrer of fantasy tennis, also had a great end of the season and was able to come back to top 5 status. He spent 8 weeks as a top 5 player and finished fifth, sixth and eleventh.

PS: I've tried Tony but your summaries are still the best. Hope this little one is enough just to give a little overview of the season in fantasy tennis. wink

Since we're entering the second year of UFTR, this is how it's going to work:

1) The main rankings will remain as they are, just like the ATP rankings, you will drop you're points from last year and those points will be replaced by the ones from this year.

2) This year we'll also have the 'Race to Dagobah'. This one only counts your points for this year. You'll start to discard your worst 10 tournaments from the 11th tournament on. In the 11th, will discard your worst one, in the 12th you'll discard your 2 worst ones and so on till we get to the 20th tournament. You can find the race in the second tab of the spreadsheet.

PS: As tenedab only entering this year, he'll be last place in UFTR for quite a while until he starts to pile up scores.

SURFACE RANKINGS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO UFTR!

They take into account the brackets comps and it's only for the year (like the Race).

Surface Rankings

Link to the spreadsheet:
ULTIMATE FANTASY TENNIS RANKINGS

I'll update this section every week:

UFTR:

World #1: dwightcharles

Mover(s) of the week: tenedab went up 2 spots.
Top 5 change: BHP drops out and tenedab gets in.

Top 5:

dwightcharles    1
TennisElbow      2
Tono                 3
Edu_Anackin     4
tenedab            5

Race to Dagobah:

Year end world #1: dwightcharles

Mover(s) of the week: none.
Top 5 change: none.

Top 5:

dwightcharles    1
TennisElbow      2
Tono                 3
Edu_Anackin     4
tenedab            5

Surface Rankings:

Hard:

dwightcharles    1
Tono                 2
Adunar             3
TennisElbow      4
Dtrain               5

Clay:

TennisElbow       1
spotec               2   
tenedab             3   
backhandpass    4   
Tono                 5   

Grass:

TennisElbow      1   
dwightcharles    2   
Tono                3   
Adunar             4   
Edu_Anackin     5   

Indoor:

HundredTennisStats   1
tenedab                    2
Edu_Anackin             3
backhandpass           4
Drivers                     5

I have removed Mike and Johny from the rankings and added Aiur.

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Nov. 6, 2017 12:50pm)

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

Re: ULTIMATE FANTASY TENNIS RANKINGS!!!!

Very cool gentlemen.

I do think that the teams should use the same 'best-5' methodology as the brackets.  Otherwise the team points are just the vader race condensed. I understand that with the max of 8 picks per player the whole thing is a system, but I do not think that is a valid reason not to use the best-5 methodology for the teams.  If we claim that this is like the ATP/WTA ranking system, then we have to be consistent throughout - brackets and teams.  This allows players who miss some brackets to not suffer in the rankings (like Snolly, TD, etc).  If you don't follow best-5 for the teams you might as well not bother with the rankings.

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Arnie, you're up.

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award

I am my own daughter!

Well Charles, in brackets you can pick whoever you want, in teams you can't. But I don't know, I'm still a little torn on this subject

I am my own daughter!

Would it be possible to look at the hidden rows (21, 23, 24) on the ranking page?  It's hard for me to support a calculation system when part of it is not visible...

I think this ranking system is a REALLY cool concept!  I really want this to work. But I also want it to be mathematically defensible.  And if it's not consistent then it's really tough to support.

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

I don't claim to understand any of the math behind this (or the math behind anything else) but I find it hugely appropriate that my individual rankings are 10th, 4th, 1st, and 7th and that averages out to a total ranking of 9th.  Classic Arvis.

Also, on TDC I'm ranked 3rd in ATP brackets among the Jedi Masters, but ranked 10th on this spreadsheet.  What did I screw up to make that happen?

Sincerely,
A Confused Arts Student

^ All that being said, this is really cool and I would definitely like some more discussion about it.

Edu_Anackin wrote:

I ask for everybody to please check your scores as I had to manually input all scores of all comps of everybody. So it might have some mistakes.

I am my own daughter!

Arvis, don't forget that RG is not included yet too. So it could be that

I am my own daughter!

I've just checked all of your scores for ATP brackets. They are all correct

I am my own daughter!

Arvis:
This is because the bracket rankings only take your 5 best tournaments accross all 250 and 500 tournaments. You probably did very well in these two categories and this is why these results dropped compared to others who may have sucked at the lower categories tournaments. So basically sou are the Daveed Ferrer of fantasy tennis.

Dwight:
Teams is a tournament dependent competition. Every tournament's strategy depends on the others. You can't separate the 250 from the 500. It would not reflect the deep strategy of the game. In brackets, you can pick whoever you want at any tournament you want. You can't do that in Teams. This is why we didn't apply this rule. In the end, we "corrected" the teams total with a coefficient so it has about the same weight than the brackets. So it is fair considering that.

Last edited by Adunar (Jun. 2, 2016 1:40pm)

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

Arnie, I will take that as a complement.

How's that not a complement?!?! LOL

I am my own daughter!

Ha, loving this, you two! Plus, it's not at all suspicious that you've ended up first and second!

(joke, I know you're both smashing it this year)

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

I don't know what you're talking about...

<_<

>_>

I am my own daughter!

LOL. Finally we thought of a ranking where we win o_O

Well it is an all year all around competition and Edu and I are pretty consistent players. Not often winning titles but regularly in first few spots.

We are going to add GSFT into this mix after the French!

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

Hey, I'm 3rd, thanks guys wink

Hmmm BHP is ranked too low....all I can say on that.  Hmmm

Is it because I've missed some tournaments? Wish that was somehow taken into account.

Last edited by BHP-2015-QOTU (Jun. 2, 2016 8:59pm)

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

dwightcharles wrote:

Very cool gentlemen.

I do think that the teams should use the same 'best-5' methodology as the brackets.  Otherwise the team points are just the vader race condensed. I understand that with the max of 8 picks per player the whole thing is a system, but I do not think that is a valid reason not to use the best-5 methodology for the teams.  If we claim that this is like the ATP/WTA ranking system, then we have to be consistent throughout - brackets and teams.  This allows players who miss some brackets to not suffer in the rankings (like Snolly, TD, etc).  If you don't follow best-5 for the teams you might as well not bother with the rankings.

It has hurt me too Dwight....really bad. wink

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

BHP, the rankings actually helps people who have missed some tournaments as not all are mandatory.

I am my own daughter!

That's exactly what the best 5 are for, only consider the best 5 in the 250/500

I am my own daughter!

The rankings are for all TDC comps so if you want to be placed higher, you have to do well in all the comps, look at your rankings in each format and you'll understand what I'm saying

I am my own daughter!

pffft  At least I'm number 1 in Brackets....

Last edited by BHP-2015-QOTU (Jun. 2, 2016 11:11pm)

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Go BHP!

BracketHandPass

Guys, please read the EDIT part in the main post.

In the end, you can't cheat consistency...

wink

I am my own daughter!