Re: Tennis Draw Challenge 2019 - Results & Discussion

You're right, Tenny.  Maybe you'll win the lottery and, in your excitement, forget to do a couple brackets.  That could give us a chance. lol

Forget about it! My memory pills kicked in, so I won't forget.

Congrats to Dtrain for nice Djokovic pick and great bracket in Rome. Well done!

Congrats again Dtrain, great picking!

2016:-Diamond Droid and Captain Plasma Helmet Champ.
2018:-Ruby Droid and Jar Jar Dartboard Champ.

The DDDDDDDDD train is right on time! CONGRATS!

16 Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

ATP

Madrid
Good grief, what a week for Dtrain!  He was the ONLY one to back Novak to win Madrid, and on top of that the rest of his bracket was amazing, too!  This got him a grand total of 117 points, a staggering 23 above 2nd place Murree!  That's a bigger margin than between first and last in many tournaments.  An absolutely unbelievable result.
Speaking of last place, HTS struggled here and finished in the bottom spot with only 59, almost exactly half of Dtrain's score.  He was tied for 4th overall in Masters 1000 brackets coming in, so that's a bitter blow.  Fortunately, he can use Rome to potentially bounce right back.

ATP 1000 Standings
1. Dtrain: 342 ↑24  ↑2 ranks
2. Murree: -11 ↓22  ↓1 rank
3. Edu: -37  NEW
4. Drivers: -38 NEW
5T. Dwight: -46 ↓27  ↓1 rank
5T. Tono: -46 BOUNCE BACK
-- Snolly, HTS eliminated ---

Boom, Dtrain takes the lead!  Incredibly impressive, man!
Murree, who was in the lead here going into Madrid, finished in 2nd place with a fantastic score and still lost his first place spot.  Sometimes things just aren't fair.
Snolly has gone from 2nd place to all the way to the bottom because he failed to make a Madrid bracket at all. A devastating, season-ending mistake.  He has, however, returned for Rome.  Hope you're ok, Snolly!
Tono, who finished middle-of-the-pack in Madrid, proves that you don't have to do that well to bounce back in this competition, you just have to do better than the guys ahead of you.

ATP Overall Standings
1. Murree: 1081 ↑13  ↑1 rank
2. TE: -8 ↓13  ↓1 rank
3. Edu: -11 ↑5  ↑1 rank
4. Dtrain: -21 NEW
5. Tono: -26 ↓11  ↓2 ranks
-- Dwight eliminated ---

A nice jump into the Top 5 Overall here for Dtrain.  But interestingly it's Murree who makes the news, retaking the lead here from TE.  Murree may have suffered a blow in the Masters 1000 competition, but here his fantastic Madrid result has an even more prestigious payoff.  Nicely done, Murree!

---

WTA

Madrid
The only thing keeping Arvis' win here from being even more dominant than Dtrain's on the men's side is the fact that he had a buddy join him for the destruction.  Although Arvis still beat 2nd place BHP by 18 (a significant margin), BHP himself beat 3rd place Adunar by a further 20 points, showing that he and Arvis managed to make some truly impressive brackets here!  Arvis finished with a total of 124 points and was the only one to correctly predict the winner, while BHP finished with 106, breaking the 100 point barrier without even having the winner correct, which is extremely rare.
This makes back-to-back 1000/900 bracket wins for Arvis.
On the opposite side of the rankings, we have HTS again.  He managed to pull off the last-place double in Madrid brackets.  Ouch.  Hard to even know what to say to that except, "hey at least you remembered to make brackets at all!"

WTA 1000/900 Standings
1. Arvis: 381
2. BHP: -60 NEW
3. Adunar: -71 ↓39
4. Tenedab: -77 ↓50  ↓2 ranks
5. Edu: -89 ↓57  ↓2 ranks
-- Tono eliminated ---

I try to be totally objective and keep everything in the 3rd person when I write these, but holy crap does this feel good.  I guarantee I'll screw it up, but I'm just going to enjoy that a lead like this will likely never be repeated.  Ever.  By anyone.
I mean, I'm first place on the whole site in 1000/900s.  Hard to not let myself be a little proud of it, ha ha.

WTA Overall Standings
1. Arvis: 945 NEW
2. Tenedab: -5 ↓25  ↓1 rank
3. Tono: -22 ↓2  ↓1 rank
4. Adunar: -26 ↑9  ↓1 rank
5. Edu: -44 ↓7  ↓1 rank
-- Drivers eliminated --

And with that, we have a new Overall #1!  Arvis has really put on a show with some solid WTA picking this year at the higher level tournaments.  It's enough for now to squeak him past the impenetrable Tenedab, but will Arvis be able to be consistent at the smaller tournaments?  He'll need to figure it out if he's going to maintain his lead here.
But for now we have another high-value tournament in Rome, and Arvis and Tenedab have the same Winner and Finalist, so there won't be too huge of a gap between them here.  Could this be a chance for Tono or Adunar to make a move?

Last edited by Arvis (May. 13, 2019 1:48pm)

outstanding job Arvis!

12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Thanks Yoda Crew, I just keep rolling my best year compared to last year!

Congrats Arvis!#!#!!!

2016:-Diamond Droid and Captain Plasma Helmet Champ.
2018:-Ruby Droid and Jar Jar Dartboard Champ.

Dtrain wrote:

Thanks Yoda Crew, I just keep rolling my best year compared to last year!

you are on fire Dtrain...keep doing what your doing big_smile

12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Way to go Arvis!

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

Thanks, you guys. smile <3

Congrats Arvis! Nicely done (both brackets and reviews).

Yes, congrats to all those who did well last week, but especially Arvis and Dtrain, nice picking gents.

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup